Making material available to students
The eReadings service makes book chapters and journal articles available to your students via Moodle.
The steps for you to follow are:
- Collate your list of readings & content required for teaching.
- Search the Library databases and QuickSearch for items available already in full text.
- Build links to electronic full text content held in the Library databases by using the Library linking tool here. Contact us for link building help. Then embed your link into your Moodle course.
- Item not available in full text? Submit your list of readings to be sourced and digitised through our online form. Each course must be requested separately.
- We will source, digitise, and link the content to your Moodle course for you.
We continue to support Monash teach-out courses at Gippsland with web based reading lists for Monash only & Monash/FedUni mixed cohorts.
- Angela : 5327 9581
- Jason : 5122 8066
- Monika : 5122 8071
- Be early. It can take up to 6 weeks for a reading to be made available ie. if the source item is from overseas, or the book is in use with another patron.
- Re-request content each semester. Place separate requests for each course via the submission form
- Our Copyright licence covers usage University wide, not just for one course or unit. You are not permitted to upload journal articles or book chapters yourself as this may breach the University copyright licence. See the Copyright Services website for more information.
Links on Moodle
- We place links for items we have digitised for you into your Moodle course in the centre pane, topic 0, hidden. Unhide the link, and move it to your desired location. See the CLIPP guide for more information.
- Any item available full text through the library databases can be linked using the Library link builder.