Writing Stories - assessed unit (HENAA1003)
This course introduces students to the craft, process and critical practice of storytelling. Through a blend of online mini lectures, readings, discussions, workshops, and creative-critical writing practice, students learn the foundations of storytelling and develop the key skills to shape ideas into well-crafted narratives. The course covers a range of compositional techniques, with the focus primarily on prose writing. Reading, writing, re-writing, workshopping and revision will be undertaken by students. The course includes critical examination of contemporary texts, creative writing theory, critical reflection, writing exercises, structured peer-review and workshopping which are designed to facilitate students use of creative detail, conscious crafting of formal elements, and critical engagement with the practice and process of writing stories.
Single subject short-course cost: $995 - assessed unit
Program code: XC20
How to apply
- Navigate to apply.federation.edu.au
- Login/ register if you are a new applicant to Federation University.
- Select semester of commencement (Semester 1 or 2).
- Type the program code that relates to your desired course and click search.
- Select the program and complete application - please include the name of the course you would like to enrol into in the personal statement section.
Note. Each course you want to enrol in will need a separate application.