Higher education short courses
They say good things come in small packages, and that can certainly be said for our short courses. With an impressive range and manageable commitment, these short courses can have a profound impact on the lives of those who take the time.
Federation University’s new higher education short courses have been created in response to the Federal Government’s Higher Education Relief Package.
Announced in April 2020, the package significantly reduces the cost of online short courses and is designed to support workers displaced by the COVID-19 crisis to upskill or retrain in preparation to return to the workforce.
Students will receive formal recognition on completion of a higher education short course and will be eligible for credit if they wish to pursue study in a relevant degree program.
The maximum student fees for these courses have been set at significantly discounted rates as set out below, and students will still be able to defer payment through HECS-HELP.
|Field of education|| Student contribution |
(what you pay)
| CGS Subsidy |
(what the Govt. pays)
Source: Dept DESE website (extract)
Our short courses will be delivered completely online, commencing July 2020 until December 2020, and meet the same rigorous standards as our range of online degrees.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Principles of Biomedical Science
- Undergraduate Certificate in Education Studies
- Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Information Technology (Project Management)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Principles of Nutrition and Health Promotion
- Undergraduate Certificate in Principles of Conservation and Sustainability
- Undergraduate Certificate in Sport, Physical and Outdoor Education
- Undergraduate Certificate in Vocational Education and Training
- Graduate Certificate in Health (Workplace Health and Safety)
- Graduate Certificate in Maintenance Management
- Graduate Certificate in Reliability Engineering
For further enquiries, please visit Ask Federation, participate in our live chat or phone 1800 333 864.