Wellbeing in the School Context (HENAE6023)
This course has been designed to support in-service teachers to develop deeper awareness of the sociocultural experience of students, and ways in which student wellbeing impacts on learning outcomes. Participants will examine physical, social, emotional and intellectual characteristics of children and young people from a developmental perspective, and consider how attributes of difference could affect learning. The course has a strong focus on social and emotional learning and strategies for promoting wellbeing for staff, students and families within the school and wider community. Issues of challenge and adversity will be explored to identify opportunities for empowering learning through strategic planning and implementation of supportive wellbeing initiatives. Participants will reflect on their own experiences of wellbeing, build capacity to manage safe, supportive learning environments, and collaborate with peers to enhance skill development. Students who complete this course may eligible for academic credit.
Single subject short-course cost: $795
Program code: XC01
How to apply
- Navigate to apply.federation.edu.au
- Login/ register if you are a new applicant to Federation University.
- Select semester of commencement (Semester 1 or 2).
- Type the program code that relates to your desired course and click search.
- Select the program and complete application - please include the name of the course you would like to enrol into in the personal statement section.
Note. Each course you want to enrol in will need a separate application.