Science Content and Pedagogy 1 (HENAE6020)
This course develops an understanding of science as a critical subject in secondary schooling for students, future educational and employment opportunities. A focus on modern techniques of teaching science will be explored through content in chemistry, physics, biology and environmental science. It provides teachers with an understanding of the nature of science, the role of science in our community, and the changing role of science education in the community. These broad themes combine with introductory science teaching skills such as: questioning, explaining, practical work, motivation, constructivist teaching and learning, safety lesson planning and assessment to enhance learning.
Single subject short-course cost: $795
Program code: XC01
How to apply
- Navigate to apply.federation.edu.au
- Login/ register if you are a new applicant to Federation University.
- Select semester of commencement (Semester 1 or 2).
- Type the program code that relates to your desired course and click search.
- Select the program and complete application - please include the name of the course you would like to enrol into in the personal statement section.
Note. Each course you want to enrol in will need a separate application.