Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in our World (HENAE6021)
This course introduces the disciplines of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and develops an understanding of the importance of STEM in our everyday lives and recognises that STEM disciplines are interlinked and mutually supportive fields of endeavour. It will assist students to develop suitable research and technology skills to be success in post-graduate studies. A focus on engaging contexts in STEM will be explored throughout the course. Students will be required to explore ethical issues posed in everyday life where scientific advances mean that people potentially have more choices than they would otherwise have. Creativity and innovation in STEM disciplines will be exampled, with students encouraged to explore how STEM disciplines can be taught to encourage both innovation and creativity.
Single subject short-course cost: $795
Program code: XC01
How to apply
- Navigate to apply.federation.edu.au
- Login/ register if you are a new applicant to Federation University.
- Select semester of commencement (Semester 1 or 2).
- Type the program code that relates to your desired course and click search.
- Select the program and complete application - please include the name of the course you would like to enrol into in the personal statement section.
Note. Each course you want to enrol in will need a separate application.