Mathematics Content and Pedagogy 1 (HENAE6025)
This course develops an understanding of mathematics as a critical subject in secondary schooling for students future educational and employment opportunities. A focus on modern techniques of teaching mathematics will be explored through content relevant to mathematics at a secondary level. Teaching and learning mathematics in years 7-10 will be examined using current curriculum and policy documents as the basis. Teachers will be required to critically examine current and past practices in learning and teaching mathematics with reference to curriculum documents as well as articles and papers written within the mathematics education community. Technology commonly used in the mathematics classroom will be explored with emphasis on using technology to enhance learning.
Single subject short-course cost: $795
Program code: XC01
How to apply
- Navigate to apply.federation.edu.au
- Login/ register if you are a new applicant to Federation University.
- Select semester of commencement (Semester 1 or 2).
- Type the program code that relates to your desired course and click search.
- Select the program and complete application - please include the name of the course you would like to enrol into in the personal statement section.
Note. Each course you want to enrol in will need a separate application.