Making an appointment with an LSA
Booking an appointment with an LSA
If you need to make an appointment with a Learning Skills Adviser (LSA), please click on the link below. This will take you to the EDGE where you can book in with an LSA at a time that suits you. You will then receive confirmation of your LSA booking via email.
Please note that you can only make one LSA booking at a time via the EDGE. Once your appointment is finished, you will be able to make another one.
Using the Edge booking system
If you are unsure about how to make a booking in the EDGE system, you can watch a ‘Booking appointments’ video that shows you how.
If you can’t get an appointment with an LSA or just want to ask an LSA a quick question , please drop in to LSA Chat (see chat widget above). A Student Academic Leader will respond to you and either help you with your query or refer you onto an LSA.
This service is open Monday to Friday 12pm - 2pm in semesters 1 and 2 and during Swot Vac week. The drop in appointments are only for 10 -15 minutes long.
In that time, the LSAs can:
- Help you understand what your assignment question is asking
- Go through the marking rubric with you, so you know what your lecturer’s expectations are
- Check your referencing
- Give you advice on assignment structure
- Read one paragraph and give you some feedback on your writing
We can’t read through an entire assignment in LSA Chat. If you need more than 15 minutes, you will need to make an LSA appointment through the EDGE.
Getting help with your assignments
If you need assistance with an assignment, Learning Skills Advisers (LSAs) encourage you to access the ASK service in the first instance. Many queries about assignments can be answered by our Student Academic Leaders. The ASK service operates between 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday during semester.
The online details for the ASK service are:
- ASK chat: Talk to a Student Academic Leader by clicking the ASK Chat button at the top of this page
- Phone: 5327 6422
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a chat with a Student Academic Leader: (Mon-Fri 10am – 4pm only)
- Do you have a quick question? Make an appointment with a Student Academic Leader
- Additional study support
Please note: The face to face ASK Service will resume once on-campus services re-open.
If you need more intensive support with your academic skills, you can book in with a Learning Skills Adviser (LSA).