Example donor thank you
Please note: You don’t need to write too much. Your response can be as simple as a couple of paragraphs saying thank you. The following is just a suggestion if you want to expand a bit further or want more guidance.
Dear donor/s [include company name i.e. Collier Charitable Fund, or if an ‘in memoriam’ scholarship, ‘Dear xxx family’ i.e. Beyer family]
Say thanks/express your gratitude for the scholarship you were awarded, mentioning it by name
Tell the donor about yourself and how the scholarship will assist you using the following prompts as a guide:
- What and where are you studying? Which year of study are you in?
- Why did you choose your area of study or what is your motivation to study in that field?
- Where do you hope your studies will lead you and what are your goals for the future?
- How will this scholarship make a difference in your life, financially and in other ways?
- What will this scholarship support you in doing?
- Specifically, how will you use the scholarship funds? For example, tools; uniform; travel or placement costs; computer; textbooks; allows you to work less etc
- Anything else you might like to add, obstacles or hardships, personal or family circumstances
Kind regards/Yours sincerely/Thank you,
[Insert your full name]
Particularly if you have received a ‘named’ scholarship, please take the time to read the information provided on our website about the person or company it is named for, which may inform your letter.