Outgoing students

'Outgoing students' are Federation University Australia (FedUni) students wanting to add a global experience to their FedUni degree. Students can study in a range of countries.


Federation University Australia has Exchange Agreements with a number of overseas universities. These agreements allow students to study at the exchange institution for one or sometimes two semesters.

How to apply

  1. Decide where you want to go! Full list of Exchange partners
    It’s a good idea to have a few partners in mind, just in case you don’t get your first preference. You will need to have a look at the partner institution to see if the courses provided will match up with your FedUni courses. If you are having any issues with finding courses, please feel free to contact us.
  2. Have a chat with your Program Coordinator to discuss whether exchange is an option within your program.
  3. Complete the Application for Overseas Exchange Program (Outgoing) form (pdf, 1231KB) and submit it to the Study Abroad Team.
    Applications for Semester 2, 2018 will close on 16th March 2018
    Applications for Semester 1, 2019 will close on 31st August 2018

For detailed information, please contact our Exchange and Study Abroad Team:

Study Abroad
Centre for University Partnerships
Building A | Mt Helen Campus

Study Abroad

Students wanting to study at institutions not covered under by our Exchange Agreements are able to do so.

How to apply

  1. Students speak with their program coordinator regarding the possibility of going overseas.
  2. Students need to speak with the Study Abroad Team regarding where they might want to go.
  3. Students apply to the overseas institution with the assistance of the Study Abroad Team.

Please note:

  • Students will need to take leave from studies from FedUni.
  • Students will be required to pay the tuition fees directly to the overseas institution.
  • Students will be required to apply for credit upon return.

Please contact the Exchange and Study Abroad Team for further information.

Study tours

Students may be able to participate in overseas study tours. These are generally shorter than semester-long programs like exchange and study abroad. Please contact your Faculty to see whether such opportunities exist within your Faculty.

Overseas placement opportunities

Students may be able to do some or all of their placement overseas. Please contact your Faculty to see whether such opportunities exist within your Faculty.