Position: Lecturer and Assistant Program Coordinator - Masters of Teaching (Secondary)
Study area: Education
Location: Mt Helen Campus, Room T301A
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary education – Federation University – 2020
- Master of Education – Federation University – 2018
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment – BC Training – 2013
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching – University of Ballarat – 2004
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours – Deakin University – 2003
- Bachelor of Arts – Deakin University - 2002
- Foundation Access Studies (FAST) Program
- Master of teaching (Secondary)
- Introduction to Tertiary Education (FASTP1011)
- Engaging Professionally 3 (EDMAS6128)
- Pop Up Project (EDMAS6129)
Liam Frost-Camilleri is a lecturer in the School of Education at Federation University Australia and assistant Program Coordinator for the university’s Master of Teaching (Secondary) program. Liam has taught at primary, secondary, TAFE and higher education classrooms since 2005. He is currently completing his PhD study in second change education of alternative programs.
Areas of expertise
- (1) TAFE
Liam’s research and presentation into the TAFE system has centred around learning and literacy and numeracy education. Liam has presented his ideas and findings at AVETRA, ACDEVEG, NCVER and VELBEC conferences across Australia. Liam also worked as the literacy and numeracy coordinator for 5 years where his primary role was student assessment and staff education.
- (2) Teaching
Liam has taught at primary, secondary, TAFE and tertiary levels of education for over 15 years. During this time Liam has taught in private and public schools and has taught a variety of pre-service teachers. Liam uses his extensive experience in education to continually reflect on and develop his practice.
- Literacy and numeracy
- Teaching and learning pedagogy
- Readiness to learn
- Victorian Adult Literacy and Basic Education Council (VALBEC) Committee member.