LIM, Hooi Peng
Master of Business Administration
IT Senior Manager
What are some of your career highlights?
- Global accountability on end-to-end Messaging and Collaboration operations encompass various key technologies such as Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, & etc supporting 100k strong Dell employees.
- Tell Dell rock star award - recognition on caring manager for 2 consecutive years base on annual employee survey
- Part of APJ People initiative lead in IT
Describe the most enjoyable and challenging aspects of your job:
- The most enjoyable of my job is the opportunity to develop people which allow me to learn & grow at the same time as a manager, mentor and coach. The greatest joy is to see them successful in their preferred career path.
- The challenging aspect is to build a truly cohesive virtual team to strive goals in a sustainable manner.
What are your strongest memories while you were studying at Federation University Australia?
- Tremendous support I got from my family, friends, bosses, staffs, lecturers, MBA program manager, course coordinators and course mates made my MBA journey a remarkable one.
- Some course mates became close friends (extra bonus!!)
- Milestones celebration during semester break helped recharging the energy required for upcoming semester is something I treasure in recognising effort & success for an enjoyable journey.
Do you have any advice about life after study to pass on to current students?
- Never give up and don't hesitate to ask help from your support group.
- Deliver on your commitment.
- When I look back the MBA journey, there were times I had self-doubts whether I should continue pursuing the program. Without the support groups, it won't be possible. It takes one's commitment and determination to finish strong. Always stay positive & motivated.