Applications and admissions
Step 1: Do you qualify?
Before applying, ensure you meet the entry and language requirements for the program you are hoping to study.
The International Student Application Checklist (pdf, 288kb) can help you prepare your application and ensure it is processed as quickly as possible.
Step 2: Lodge your application
International applications for Semester 2, 2014 have now closed.
International applications are now being accepted for Semester 1, 2015.
Complete the International Application Form (pdf, 400kb).
Please ensure you have provided detailed answers for questions in the additional information section at the end of the application form.
Submit the following documents with your application:
- certified copies of awards, certificates or academic transcripts issued by your educational institution(s)
- certified translations of documents that are not in English, together with certified copies of the documents in the original language
- proof of English proficiency, such as an Academic IELTS test results or equivalent
- any other relevant documents you would like us to consider, such as a certified copy of your passport, current valid Australian visa (if you hold one), letters from schools and employees, financial documents to demonstrate you are capable of meeting your financial commitments, etc.
- research proposal, if relevant
Send your application via one of the following methods:
Directly to the University by email (preferred method) or via courier or mail (to the address listed below) or submit your completed application to an overseas representative of the University. For a link to our agent network please visit staff and agent support.
International Admissions Office, Mt Helen
Federation University Australia
PO Box 663, Ballarat
Applications for higher degrees by research
Students applying for a postgraduate research degree, please contact Research Services for information on the research application process and research application forms.
Students completing secondary school in Victoria
If you are completing your secondary schooling in Victoria (Australia) you should apply through:
Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre
40 Park Street
South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
Tel: 1300 364 1331300 364 133
Application closing dates are set by VTAC.
Credit transfer and recognition of prior learning
We welcome students from other recognised institutions and will offer advanced standing or credit for units passed (with satisfactory grades) where previous study is deemed equivalent in content and standard to those offered at FedUni. The transfer of credit will allow you to undertake fewer units thereby reducing the number of overall units needed for your FedUni qualification.
To apply for credit transfer for previous studies, you must:
- Mail certified copies of all your official transcripts or results from your previous studies, plus copies of the subject syllabuses and grading system with your application.
- You need to request credit transfer and it must be approved in writing, before you enrol. Otherwise, you may not receive the credit. An assessment of your application can only be made when full documentation has been provided. Applicants should not send original documents, as they will not be returned.
- Documents that are not in English need to be officially translated and submitted along with the copies in the original language.
- Supporting documents must be issued by the relevant educational institution and properly certified as genuine copies.