Applications and admissions

Do you qualify?

Before applying, make sure you meet the entry and language requirements for the program you are hoping to study.

Refer to our English Language Requirements page for information on accepted tests and exemptions.

Refer to our Country-Specific Entry Requirements (pdf, 134kb) to see if your high school qualification is equivalent to Australian Year 12, and our Program Finder to check if your program of choice has any additional requirements.

The International Student Application Checklist (pdf,287kb) can help you prepare your application and ensure it is processed as quickly as possible.

If you need help with preparing your application to FedUni or with applying for a student visa, you may wish to submit through one of FedUni's International Agents.

Supporting documentation

Prepare the following documents to submit with your application:

  • Certified copies of degrees, diplomas or certificates issued by your educational institution(s)
  • Certified copies of your full academic transcripts issued by your educational institution(s)
  • Certified translations of documents that are not in English, as well as certified copies of the documents in the original language
  • Proof of English proficiency, such as Academic IELTS results or equivalent
  • Certified copies of your passport and current Australian visa (if you hold one)
  • Research proposal, if relevant
  • Any other relevant documents you would like us to consider, such as letters from schools or employers, a statement of purpose or your CV/resume.

Lodging your application

Direct applicants

International applications for Semester 1, 2015 have now closed.

International applications for Semester 2, 2015 are now open.

Please visit our Online Application Centre to submit your application.

Applications will remain open until approximately one month before the semester start date, subject to places available. However, we recommend you apply as early as possible to allow adequate time for processing.

If you are unable to use the Online Application Centre to submit your application, please complete the International Application Form (pdf, 400kb) and send it to with all supporting documentation.

Students completing secondary school in Victoria

If you are currently completing your secondary schooling in Victoria (Australia) you should apply through VTAC:

Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre
40 Park Street
South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205
Tel: 1300 364 133

Application closing dates are set by VTAC.

Credit transfer and recognition of prior learning

We welcome students from other recognised institutions and will offer advanced standing or credit for units passed (with satisfactory grades) where those units are deemed equivalent in content and standard to those offered at FedUni. The transfer of credit will allow you to undertake fewer units, thereby reducing the overall number of units needed for your FedUni qualification.

To apply for credit transfer for previous studies, you must:

  • Upload certified copies of all your official transcripts or results from your previous studies, plus copies of the subject syllabuses and grading system with your application.
  • Formally request credit transfer when you apply.

Eligibility for credit can only be assessed when full documentation has been provided. Credit must be approved in writing before you enrol, otherwise you may not receive the credit. Applicants should not send original documents, as they will not be returned.

Please note:

  • Documents that are not in English need to be officially translated and submitted along with the copies in the original language.
  • Supporting documents must be issued by the relevant educational institution, and properly certified as genuine copies.

Applications for Higher Degrees by Research

Students applying for a postgraduate research degree should contact Research Services for information on the research application process and the relevant application forms.

I've already applied. What happens next?

Your application will be forwarded to the appropriate Selection Officer, and you will be notified of the outcome. If your application has been submitted without sufficient supporting documentation, the Selection Officer will need to contact you, which will cause delays in the assessment of your application.

I've been offered a place at FedUni. What do I need to do now?

Most international students will be required to complete SVP Assessment as a condition of their offer. For useful information on this process, please refer to our SVP Assessment page and our Financial Checklist.

Once you have passed the SVP Assessment and met any other conditions on your offer, it's time to accept your offer and make your initial payment. Information on how to do this will be included in your offer letter, and can also be found on our Accepting Your Offer page.