How to submit your travel expenses

Travel expenses

Complete a travel diary

Travel diaries are available to download from your Concur homepage, and must be kept for all travel that includes six nights or more.

Diary records must be submitted to Finance within one month of returning from travel. The record must include:

  • business activity
  • start time, finish time and date of activity
  • location of activity
  • personal time taken during trip
  • local currency used at time of expense

Need a cash advance?

In cases where a staff member does not have a University purchasing card or a personal credit card and is travelling overseas, a cash advance may be arranged to cover accommodation, incidentals and travel (other than air) expenses.

Incidental expenses may include parking, taxi, bus and train fares, and reasonable meals and refreshment costs.

Cash advances are processed through Concur.

Claiming a reimbursement

Claims for reimbursements by staff will only be considered if valid receipts are presented with the claim.

Staff are prohibited from claiming reimbursement for air travel to, from or within Australia.

Staff reimbursements are processed through Concur.


For enquiries related to overseas travel claims, please contact:

Finance Services HUB
Phone: 03 5327 8808 or email: