The assassination of President Kennedy has rocked … (Hunt 1963, p. 1).
Place direct quotes between single quotation marks ' ' and provide the page number(s) from the newspaper.
'The world mourns the loss of President Kennedy who was shot …' (Hunt 1963, p. 1).
Author Year, ‘Article title’, Newspaper/Magazine Name, #, Date, pp. DOI or URL
Hunt, J 1963, ‘Assassin kills Kennedy’, The Chicago Tribune, 22 November, pp. 1, 4–6.
- Start with title if no author shown.
- Year/date: Give year after the author. The date, as shown on source (i.e., month and/or day), appears after the name of the newspaper/magazine.
- Title: Give title of article in single quote marks (no italics). Capitalise first letter of first word and any proper nouns. Add description for reviews, letters, etc., or give alone if no title.
- Newspaper/magazine name (in italics). Capitalise first letter of all major words. If separate section, add name of section (no italics) after title (see: Separate section).
- Page numbers. Use ‘p.’ or ‘pp.’ in front. If non-consecutive, separate by commas (see: Basic article).