Normoyle (2013, p. 30) states that nurses are ...
Place direct quotes between single quotation marks ' ' and provide the page number(s) from the journal.
'I teamed up with an IT specialist friend and the myShift concept was born' (Normoyle 2013, p. 30).
Author Year, ‘Article title’, Journal Name, vol. X, no. X, pp. xx–xx. DOI or URL
Normoyle C 2013, ‘Nurses' wellbeing’, Australian Nursing Journal, vol. 20, no.10, pp. 30.
- If source is an abstract, letter, or review, add ‘abstract’, ‘letter to the editor’ or ‘review of …’ (name work reviewed)’ after title.
- Capitalise first letter of all major words in the journal name.
- Give volume number (vol.) and issue number (no.) as an abbreviation, no italics.
- Give page range of article if page numbers are shown (with ‘p.’ or ‘pp.’).
- DOI: Give DOI for print as well as online articles if one has been assigned.