Online with URL
Moran (2014, p. 68) discusses a new model for teaching rounds in Australia that could benefit ...
Place direct quotes between single quotation marks ' ' and provide the page number(s) from the journal.
'A primary aim of teacher education institutions is to create quality courses that effectively prepare preservice teachers (PSTs) for their future career.' (Moran 2014, p. 68).
Author Year, ‘Article title’, Journal Name, vol. X, no. X, pp. xx–xx. DOI or URL
Moran, W 2014, ‘Enhancing understanding of teaching and the profession through school innovation rounds’, Australian Journal of Teacher Education, vol. 39, no.3, pp. 68-85, available from http://ro.ecu.edu.au/ajte/
- If source is an abstract, letter, or review, add ‘abstract’, ‘letter to the editor’ or ‘review of …’ (name work reviewed)’ after title.
- Capitalise first letter of all major words in the journal name.
- Give volume number (vol.) and issue number (no.) as an abbreviation, no italics.
- Give page range of article if page numbers are shown (with ‘p.’ or ‘pp.’).
- DOI: Give DOI for print as well as online articles if one has been assigned.
- ONLINE: Give URL only if no DOI. Introduce URL with ‘viewed (date)’ if the article is accessible only via login or behind a paywall.