Audiobook (CD, audio file)
Important: Confirm with your lecturer whether you are using APA 6th or APA 7th as they are slightly different.
Trekking on the Kokoda track can be … (FitzSimons, 2011).
Place direct quotes between double quotation marks " " and provide the year and a timestamp to indicate the exact starting point of the quote.
"The history of the Kokoda track can be traced back to …" (FitzSimons, 2011, 4:50).
Author. (Year). Title (Narrator) [Audiobook]. Publisher. DOI/URL
FitzSimons, P. (2011). Kokoda (L. FitzGerald, Narr.) [Audiobook]. ABC Audio.
Dickens, C. (2013). Oliver Twist (S. Vance, Narr.) [Audiobook]. Tantor. http://www.audible.com (Original work published 1837-1839)
- Treat author, year and title as for the basic book.
- Add narrator’s name in round brackets with given name initial first, then family name. Add audiobook in square brackets.
- Give the name of the publisher.
- If accessed online, give the DOI, if there is one, or the URL.
- If the audiobook was released in a different year to the original publication date, add in round brackets the year the original work was published.