Dr Abdi Osman
Room: Berwick 901- 125
Position: Scholarly Teaching Fellow
- Graduate Certificate of higher education learning and teaching (2018 – 2019)
- Doctor of Public Health (2009 - 2013)
Latrobe University, Melbourne, Vic. Australia.
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine (2007-2008)
James Cook University, Townsville, Qld. Australia
- Graduate Certificate in Emergency Nursing (2007-2007)
University of Sydney, NSW. Australia
- Bachelor of Nursing (Post Registration) (2005-2006)
Monash University, Gippsland, Vic. Australia
- Diploma in Registered Nursing (1995-1999)
Kenya Medical Training College. Kenya
- Acute care
- Emergency & Trauma Care
- Public Health & Health Policy
- Health Promotion
- Social determinants of Health
- Member- Australian College of Nursing
- Registered with AHPRA/NMBA
- McMaster University Evidence Rater
- Teaching & Learning pedagogy
- Emergency & Resuscitation Care
- Advance care & Goals of Care
- Founder & Lead Researcher - Advance Care in Emergency Department (ACED) Special Interest Group.
- Abdi D. Osman; Muhammad Aziz Rahman; Louisa Lam; Chien-Che Lin; Michael Yeoh; Simon Judkins; Neely Pratten; Juli Moran; Daryl Jones. Life prolonging treatment decisions for adults with pre-existing Advance Care Directive and resuscitation plans/orders presenting to an Emergency Department- A retrospective analysis. (In Press).
- Abdi Osman, Muhammad Aziz Rahman, Chien-Che Lin, Michael Yeoh, Simon Judkins, Juli Moran, Neely Pratten, Daryl Jones. Life prolonging treatment decisions for adults with pre-existing Advance Care Directive and resuscitation plans presenting to an Emergency Department- A retrospective analysis. Austin Research Festival 2019.
- Abdi D. Osman; Priscilla Robinson; Mutuku Mwanthi; Vivian Lin and Darryl Jackson; Millennium Development Goal seven, target 7C; Achievements and barriers in Kenya's arid and semi-arid land. WJSS, Jan 2014 (Vol 1, No. 1).
- Abdi D. Osman and Barbara Nolan; Critical Evaluation of Transforming Care at the Bed Side Application in a Multi-Model Nursing Practice; A Reflective Review. JNEP, Jan 2013 (Vol. 3 No. 8).
- Abdi Dahir Osman; Vivian Lin; Priscilla Robinson and Darryl Jackson; Policy and Governance Issues in Kenya’s Border Towns: The case of Wajir groundwater management. ARAS, June 2011 (Vol. 32, No.1).
- Abdi D. Osman; Reasons for and barriers to influenza vaccination among healthcare workers at an emergency department in an Australian city. Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing, March 2010 (Vol 27, Issue 3).
- Abdi D. Osman, Alsufayan Fahad, Amal Al-Jaffari; Bibliometric analysis of neonatology publications generated in Saudi Arabia from 2008-2012. Presented at 5th Pediatric Research Day at KAIMRC, NGHA Riyadh 2012.
- Water and Sanitation: A case study for policy implication to reaching global development goals in developing nations. Book Title; Hydrology and Water Resource Management: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice. Information Management Resource Association, USA. Publisher IGI Global 2018.
- Water and Sanitation: A case study for policy implication to reaching global development goals in developing nations. Book Title; Transforming Public Health in Developing Nations Publisher IGI Global Book Series 2015.