Dunkeld Refugee and Asylum Seeker
- Category Foundation
- Location Ballarat; Wimmera
- Annual value $1,000
- Open date 08/01/2024
- Close date 01/03/2024
- Study sector Higher education; TAFE
- Study level Certificate; Diploma; FAST (pre-bachelor); Bachelor; Honours; Postgraduate
- Student type Refugee
- Student status Continuing; New / commencing
Additional eligibility criteria
- Karen refugee or refugee living within the Nhill district
- Refugee studying at the Mt Helen campus
- Scholarships available 1
How to apply
Applications open 8 January, 2024.
You can log in and view eligibility requirements and information on how to apply.
Once applications open, you can apply through the Scholarships and Grants portal.
About the Dunkeld Refugee and Asylum Seeker Support Group
The Dunkeld Refugee and Asylum Seeker Support Group was established in 2015 after a call out was made for like-minded people to come together and form a group.
The group’s vision is ‘Opening Hearts and Doors to Refugees’.
Their mission is to use community initiatives to fundraise, educate and effect policy change to grow compassion for refugees.
Their values are kindness, inclusiveness, equality, acceptance, understanding and respect, and their core principles are non-party political, non-religious affiliation and upholding human rights.
Since inception the group has raised in excess of $6,000.
The Dunkeld Refugee and Asylum Seeker scholarship was first awarded in 2017.