Ongoing student support
Support for multicultural students is currently available on a drop-in basis Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm at Ballarat and by telephone, e-mail or appointment at other campuses. Your concerns and issues are important to us and will be responded to promptly and respectfully.
Individual case support
International student support staff are available to assist you if you have a question, or problem and you don't know who to ask. We will talk to you confidentially about the situation and advise you on possible courses of action. In some circumstances we may need to share information with other University services to get the best result, but we will always ask your permission. We can help with a range of issues including:
- Letters of support for family visits or visa matters
- Personal challenges, and navigating University life
- Understanding employment and accommodation regulations
- Relevant services and organisations in the local area
- Many other things - no question is too small or too big, so just ask. If we are unable to help you, we can refer you to someone who can.
Referrals to other support
There may be times when we will assist you by referring you to other on campus and community supports as you make the adjustment to university life. You may be looking for part time employment, needing to talk to a professional counsellor or require more in-depth study supports. Visit the student support services to find out about the other support services Federation University has to offer.
We provide the opportunity for you to gain confidence and expertise in everyday spoken English in an informal setting by offering weekly conversation sessions. These take place at our Mt Helen and Gippsland campuses currently, and are led by our staff and students - contact us for times and locations.
Students receive regular information from us throughout their studies including:
- Emails highlighting important information and activities
- Monthly newsletter covering events, important notifications and alerts
- Social media presence on Facebook and WeChat
- Noticeboards are located outside the Multicultural Office (Mt Helen) and Student Connect Office (Gippsland)