Professor Bernadine Van Gramberg
Position on Council
Chair, Academic Board
Adjunct Professor – Federation University Australia
- 2006 Bachelor of Laws (Victoria University)
- 2003 Doctor of Philosophy (Monash University)
- 1998 Post Graduate Diploma in Education & Training (Victoria University)
- 1996 Post Graduate Diploma in Dispute Resolution and Judicial Administration (Melb. University)
- 1992 Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations (Melbourne University)
- 1987 Master of Science (Melbourne University
- 1984 Bachelor of Science(HONS) (Melbourne University)
Summary of Previous Experience
Professor Bernadine Van Gramberg held the position of Pro Vice Chancellor (Graduate Research and Research Training) at Swinburne University of Technology between 2015-2020. In this portfolio, Bernadine had responsibly for the policies and practices for research training of the university’s academic staff and Higher Degree by Research students along with oversight of Department of Graduate Studies. She was also Chair, Academic Senate, a body which oversees the quality of teaching and research at the University, and a member of Swinburne University Council. Prior to this role Bernadine was Dean, Swinburne Business School (2012-2015) with responsibilities for managing staff, teaching operations and the quality of teaching and learning in the Business School. She came to this role following two years at RMIT International University as Director Learning and Teaching for RMIT’s two Vietnam campuses. Bernadine also held management positions at Victoria University with three years as Chair, Academic Board, member of University Council and four years as Head, School of Management, Victoria University.
Professor Van Gramberg’s research has encompassed dispute resolution and public sector management, has been widely published in peer-reviewed journals and has presented extensively at national and international conferences.