Resources for students studying online
We know that some students will be used to studying online, and for others it will be a completely new experience. We also understand that the technology and online study skills you will use while you study may be different to those you are using at home or work. That’s why we have put together a few resources to help you feel comfortable studying online with us.
Introduction to studying online booklet
This booklet is designed to help introduce you to the technology that you will come across as you commence study with us here at Federation University. Here you will find useful terminology, an overview of the university systems, and information about resources you can use to help learn more.
Download the Introduction to studying online booklet (pdf, 2mb)
Online technology bootcamp
The online technology bootcamp is designed to help you understand the technology and online study skills you will need to succeed at Federation University. Each 45 minute live session will cover an essential topic, and help direct you to resources. Come to one or come to all.
Starting 5th February...
- Session 1: Pre-Orientation - Friday 5th February
- Session 2: Pre-Orientation - Friday 19th February
- Session 3: Orientation Week - Wednesday 24th February
- Session 4: Orientation Week - Thursday 25th February
- Session 5: Orientation Week - Friday 26th February
Download the Online Technology Bootcamp flyer (pdf, 906kb)
Online study hub
The online study hub is a Moodle shell designed to support your online study needs
- Setting up your home study space
- Using the virtual classrooms
- A place where you can chat to other students
- Opportunities to ask questions to staff and student leaders
- Advice on technical support
- Information about academic and library support services
- Information about workshops and information sessions
Visit the Online study hub