An elite athlete or coach is a person who participates in, or coaches sport at a level of national or international competition.
To qualify for the elite athlete, coach and performer program, you must meet the criteria of the agreement. This means you’re probably already registered with one or more of the following groups:
- Australian Institute of Sport
- State Institutes or Academies of Sport
- AFL Players Association
- Australian Cricketers Association
- Rugby Union Players Association
- Rugby League Professionals Association
- Australian Professional Footballers Association
- National senior squad members from Coach and Athlete Career and Education
- (CACE)-supported sport
- Coach Career Management Program
- SCOPE Program
- Tennis players who are members of the ATP or WTA or who are eligible to compete in the ITF Pro Circuit, Australian Pro Tour or have a valid international player identification number
An elite performer is a person who participates in significant state, national or international performances, productions installations, competitions or events.
For performers to access the program, they must demonstrate their endorsement by a state, national or international level performance organisation in one or more of the following fields;
- Film, or
If a performer cannot demonstrate their endorsement by state, national or international level performance organisations, they may submit a request to be considered an elite performer on the basis of having;
- Achieved significant success in a major artistic performing arts competition (outside of the applicants VCE/high school curriculum);
- Undertaken a major role in commercial arts production as a performer and/or producer outside of their University course requirements;
- Contracted with a major commercial music label or producer or equivalent commercial partner in any of the above fields; or
- Achieved significant success as an independent artist/producer with a documented track record in any of the fields listed above.