Your fees will vary depending on the level of study, the type of course you choose and whether you are eligible for any financial assistance.

There are also different fee structures for domestic and international students so select the right information for you.

Domestic students

You are considered a 'domestic' student for university application purposes if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • a New Zealand citizen
  • an Australian Permanent Resident (permanent residency visa holder)
  • an Australian Permanent Humanitarian visa holder

If you do not hold one of the citizenships or visas listed above you will need to apply as an International student.

TAFE / Vocational education and training

Federation TAFE offers a range of Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, including certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, apprenticeships, traineeships and VCAL. Course fees will vary depending on the course and your eligibility for government subsidised training. In some instances we may be able to offer eligibility exemptions, where a student would not normally be eligible for government subsidised training. Some courses may be free under the Victorian Government's Free TAFE for Priority Courses initiative.

Visit our TAFE fees page to learn more.

Undergraduate fees

All of our undergraduate courses, including bachelor, associate degree and honours offer Commonwealth supported places (CSP). Commonwealth supported students make a contribution towards the cost of their course and the Australian Government contributes the rest. You may be eligible to defer payment of your fees through the HECS-HELP loan scheme.

Visit our Commonwealth supported place or HECS-HELP pages to learn more.

Some of our postgraduate courses, including graduate certificates, graduate diplomas and masters by coursework are full fee-paying places however, most of our postgraduate courses do offer Commonwealth supported places. Federation University does not receive any government funding for fee-paying places and students contribute the full cost of their course. You may be eligible to defer payment of your fees through the FEE-HELP loan scheme. Visit our Course Finder for further information on individual course fees.

Please visit our domestic fee-paying or FEE-HELP pages to learn more about full fee paying places and the assistance available.

International students

You are an international student if you're a temporary resident of Australia or citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.

Visit our international student fees page to learn more.