Online enrolment opening dates
You can enrol into your classes for 2022 from the following dates:
|Higher education students||TAFE students|
Enrolment is open
|Your program coordinator will contact you when you are able to enrol.|
We have simplified the way we enrol and schedule at Federation.
Enrolment will be much quicker, as it is now at the course level – you don’t need to choose this tutorial or that practical class when you log in to My Student Centre to enrol, you simply choose this course. We will then prepare the timetable, and you will build your schedule in January in our new class allocation system, mySchedule.
Simply follow the steps below:
Your enrolment check-list is accessed from your my Student Centre homepage. Select the Enrolment Checklist tile to begin.
For step-by-step instructions on how to complete your check-list download one of our guides:
- Guide to Completing Your Continuing Enrolment Check-list (Higher education students) (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Guide to Completing Your Continuing Enrolment Check-list (TAFE students) (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Guide to Completing Your Continuing Enrolment Checklist (Offshore International Students) (PDF, 1.8mb)
Your Enrolment Checklist must be completed before you can enrol in to your classes.
Before you enrol in your courses, you must submit your COVID-19 vaccination status. All students are required to do this – whether fully vaccinated, medically exempt, or neither fully vaccinated nor medically exempt.
Your vaccination status may impact what you are permitted to enrol in.
Read more about staying COVIDSafe at Federation University.
Locate your program structure via your School and Campus below:
School of Engineering, IT and Physical Sciences
School of Arts
TAFE students will be provided with a copy of their program structure by their program coordinator.
Important note: You can only enrol into courses for which you have met, or are enrolled to meet, the course requirements (i.e. prerequisites, co-requisites, etc).
- course prerequisite, co-requisite and/or exclusion information will be displayed under the 'Course Information' section.
- if you do not meet the course requirements you will not be able to enrol into the class.
- some courses, such as project courses or industry placement courses, also require approval from your School before you can enrol in them. This is noted in the course information section and will list who to contact to obtain approval.
- if you are fully vaccinated or medically exempt you are permitted to enrol in both on-campus and online courses.
If you are neither fully vaccinated nor medically exempt, you are only permitted to enrol in online courses. If there are no online courses available that meet your program requirements, please contact Student HQ to discuss your options.
Once you have completed your enrolment check-list you will have access to enrol in your courses online. Remember, you only need to enrol in the course level, you do not need to select your individual classes at this time:
View our enrolment tutorial video (right) or download our guide to assist you in enrolling online:
- How to Enrol into Classes' guide (Higher education students) (PDF, 1.4KB)
- How to Enrol into Classes' guide (TAFE students) (PDF, 865kb)
If you are prevented from enrolling online please contact us on 1800 FED UNI (1800 333 864) to discuss other options available to you.
After you enrol, you’ll need to plan your class timetable and allocate to your selected class times in mySchedule.
TAFE students will be provided with a timetable and a copy of their training plan by their program coordinator.
Check that you still have your student ID card as this is your key to accessing services and facilities. If your card is lost or damaged, you can get a replacement card at a cost of $10.00.
Find out more about organising a replacement student ID card.
Phone: 1800 FED UNI (1800 333 864)