Support and counselling
Federation University offers no cost confidential short term counselling to all active and enrolled Federation University and Federation TAFE students.
Counselling sessions aim to help students meet the daily challenges of student life and to achieve their academic potential.
Counselling may be helpful for students experiencing a range of circumstances and concerns such as:
- Mental health concerns
- Personal and/or relationship concerns
- Trauma, grief and loss
- Academic stress and concerns
- Wellbeing concerns
- Disability, illness or injury concerns
- Life transitions and change adjustment concern
Make an appointment
All appointments will be conducted over the phone or via TEAMS or ZOOM until further notice.
To make an appointment, please contact us via phone or email:
Telephone: (03) 5327 9470
* Please note emails should include your student id and phone number, days and times you are available. Be aware that there may be delays in responding to emails.
As part of your appointment booking, you will be asked to complete an initial intake form. Please complete and return this as soon as possible prior to your appointment
If you are currently based outside of Australia and require support, please contact International Student Support.
Students studying at partner providers should contact their student support area on their respective campus.