PageUp People - Frequently asked questions
PageUp People were the successful tenderer to provide an e-Recruitment solution to FedUni. PageUp was established in 1997 and a fully Australian-owned software development and Application Service Provider. Some of their other clients include:
Shut down your internet explorer and log into PageUp again. If you continue to have problems, please contact Human Resources.
The Internet Accounting System (UBIAS) will log out after 20 minutes of inactivity. We advise that you try to process your Recruitment Requests in this time frame.
You may save a request on the system through selecting "Save Draft" in the approval process. For further information on this please refer to the "e-Recruitment Training Manual, The Recruitment Request and Approval Process".
4. I need to initiate a Recruitment Request but have not yet been trained to use PageUp. What do I do?
Paper-based requests are no longer being accepted if you have been trained in the system, if you have not yet been trained please call Richelle Brehaut on ext. 9367 to arrange a suitable time for training.
5. I am a Delegated Officer and I need to approve Recruitment Requests but have not had any training. What do I do?
If the administrative staff in your area are trained in e-Recruitment they will be able to help you by showing you how to approve a Recruitment Request. If you would like training as well please call Richelle Brehaut on ext. 9367 to arrange a suitable time for training.
A Requester is the person who is responsible for initiating the Recruitment Request in PageUp. Requestors will be required to:
- Complete the Recruitment Request (online);
- Attach the Position Description and Advertisement to the Recruitment Request (online);
- Select the relevant approval process; and
- Add any relevant notes to the Recruitment Request.
An Approver has the authority to:
- Make any relevant changes to the Recruitment Request;
- Approve the Recruitment Request; and
- Decline the Recruitment Request (listing the reasons the Recruitment Request was declined).
You will only be able to approve Recruitment Requests if you are a Delegated Officer. For Information on the Delegations - Contracts, Financial, Staffing and Tenders Policy please view the policy at Staffing, Financial, Contract and Tender Delegations
On the Login screen you will notice a button "Forgotten your password". If you click that button a new password will be emailed to you.
Check that you have completed all mandatory fields as identified with a red asterisk (*).
Your recruitment Request may have commenced the "Approval process".
Click on "Manage Jobs" if the position has started the approval process it will there with "Pending" in the status column. To check where the Recruitment Request is up to in the approval process select "edit" and then scroll down the "Position Info" tab to the "Approval" section on the bottom of the page, "you are here" will be displayed beside the person that the approval is currently sitting with.
Please check that the files are not larger than 2 meg in size, and that the documents are either Word, Excel or PDF files.
Log-on on to PageUp and select "Manage Jobs" on the right-hand pane. The status will be displayed as:
- Pending - This means the approval process is still taking place.
- Approved - This means the Recruitment Request has completed the approval process.
- Declined - This means the Recruitment Request has been declined. Reasons will be given to you via email.
- Advertised - This means Human Resources has advertised the position. It should at this stage be on the HR website.
- Interviews in Progress - This means short-listing has taken place and interviews have been scheduled.
- Employment Offer - This means that the employment contract has been sent out to the successful applicant.
- On Hold - This means that the appointment has been placed on hold.
The position will disappear off the screen when the appointee accepts the position.
Click on "Manage Jobs" if the position is still in the "Approval Process" the status column will say "Pending". Now select edit and then scroll down to the "Approval" section, "You are here" will be displayed beside the person that the position is currently waiting for approval from.
You will receive an e-mail saying that a Recruitment Request requires your approval.
If you do not wish to approve the Recruitment Request you may wish to call the Requestor to discuss any issues, or decline the Recruitment Request. If you decline the Recruitment Request you will be asked to provide reasons in the window provided. If a position is declined the request will then need to be restarted and all approvers will need to again approve the position if it is to go ahead.
The Recruitment Request is sent back to the Requester who makes any relevant changes. The approval process will then be restarted by the Requester.
If the position was advertised this calendar year, in the last six months then you will not need to create a new Recruitment Request, instead, please log onto PageUp and "Edit" the position attaching a note and emailing it to us in Human Resources telling us when and where you would like the position re-advertised.
If information has changed please recommence the approval process so that the Delegated Officers can approve the Recruitment Request and any relevant changes before it is re-advertised.
If the position was advertised more than six months ago, or in another calendar year please create another Recruitment Request.