One in six Australians is currently experiencing depression or anxiety or both.
Mindfulness, exercise, diet, sleep and positive connections each contribute to supporting positive mental health. Here are some helpful mental health related links and resources that we have curated to help support healthy minds.
We encourage staff to complete the online mindfulness or wellbeing courses and to attend training or PD workshops through our internal training calendar that may support your own wellbeing and personal resilience. Consider including this or community volunteer involvement in your PRDP.
All staff members can access up to four (4) free, confidential, independent counselling sessions per annum through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP as well as a range of other specialist services and helplines.
- Federation University Mental Health Statement
- Mindfulness - learn Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance with Associate Professor Craig Hassed and Dr Richard Chambers - a free online course provided through Monash University
- Wellbeing - the Science of Well-being - a free online course provided through Yale University with Prof Laurie Santos, designed to increase your own happiness and build more productive habits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - have up to 4 free, independent, fully confidential counselling sessions per annum
Managing mental health in the workplace - insert link to AP booklet
- Beyond Blue - Approaching someone you’re concerned about in the workplace
- Beyond Blue - having a conversation
- Mental health first aid
- 2020 Professional Development Calendar (pdf, 300kb)
Speciality support lines
External mental health resources
EAP tip sheets and resources
- Building positive relationships (pdf, 283kb)
- Maintaining emotional fitness (pdf, 426kb)
- Mindfulness (pdf, 1mb)
- Puka Up
- Ladies We Need to Talk