Sexual assault and sexual harassment

If you need help or to talk to someone, specialist help is available.

  • 1800RESPECT: provides telephone and online counselling if you have experienced sexual assault or domestic family violence or domestic family violence.
  • Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA House): provides 24-hour crisis care support following a sexual assault in the last two weeks and 24-hour telephone counselling and support.
  • Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS) provides information for services outside of Victoria. Students studying at a partner teaching location can find a service in their area.
  • QLife: a national telephone (1800 184 527) and web counselling service for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) people, families and friends.
  • Sexual Assault Crisis Line: (1800 806 292): provides an after-hours, confidential, telephone crisis counselling service for victim/survivors of both past and recent sexual assault.
  • Sexual Assault Report Anonymously (SARA): report a sexual assault anonymously.
  • Victorian Police Safety Advice: provides advice to victims of family violence, sexual assault or child abuse. Students studying interstate will need to refer to the Police Safety Advice website for their state.
  • Women’s Information and Referral Exchange (WIRE): provides information, support and referrals to women with a phone support service and a walk-in centre.