Critical incident 24/07/21
Victorian campuses are closed until 11:59pm Tuesday 27 July Click here for more information.

Financial support

Fed Uni scholarships

We currently offer four Foundation scholarships for care leavers. This scholarship is open to all Australian students who have been in care or a state ward for at least 12 months or more.

Visit the care-leaver scholarship page and select the relevant scholarship link to view application dates and the step-by-step process on how to apply.

External financial assistance


CREATE Foundation provide yearly grants to clubCREATE members with a statutory care experience aged 15 - 25 years through the 'CREATE Your Future Grant Scheme'. These grants are for young people who are leaving out-of-home care to help assist them in their transition into independence.

View more information about the grant scheme

Transition to Independent Living Allowance (TILA)

TILA is a one-off payment from the Australian Government to help young people who are leaving out-of-home care, providing a contribution of up to $1,500 towards the costs involved in moving to independent living.

Visit the TILA website

Further resources

For further resources, tips and hints, visit the financial information and support page.