Get help. Take action.
Contact Equity and Diversity for advice and assistance if you:
- Have experienced or witnessed discrimination, harassment, or sexual harassment;
- Have experienced or witnessed sexual assault (for more info on getting support, seeing a doctor and reporting of sexual assault, please also visit our web page FedUni against violence);
- Have a concern about an equity issue that is happening to you or someone else at FedUni;
- Are seeking more information about any equity issue at FedUni.
Equity and Diversity contact details:
(03) 5327 6461 or (03) 5327 8104
How discrimination and harassment concerns are dealt with
Equity and Diversity can help you to decide on the best way to deal with your concern. You may decide to take direct action yourself, or invoke a Federation process eg harassment/ discrimination complaint procedure, or bullying complaint procedure, or grievance procedure, or discipline process.
The aim of our processes is to resolve concerns and complaints so that staff and students can continue their work and studies in a safe and supportive environment. In most cases this can be done through discussion, or through a conflict resolution process where both sides reach agreement. In some cases, an investigation is needed.
If a complaint is raised against you, you can also get information on the process. Our processes operate under the principles of natural justice - so you can expect to be treated fairly, impartially and have the opportunity to know and respond to the issues raised against you.
The range of possible outcomes of these processes is very wide - ranging from no action being taken, through to dismissal/exclusion.
Equity and Diversity can assist you in deciding on the best way forward.