Information Technology Industry Advisory group
The Information Technology Industry Advisory Group (ITIAG) is established by the Dean, School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology (SEIT) at Federation University Australia (FedUni) for the purpose of:
- Providing advice and feedback from an industry perspective on:
- The delivery of Information Technology programs at undergraduate, post-graduate and professional levels, and
- Developments within industry that should inform the continued development of Information Technology programs.
- Working in partnership with the School to:
- Ensure the best possible graduate outcomes that serve the needs of the industry, the community, the University, professional bodies and students,
- Promote industry based opportunities for undergraduate students to undertake/complete professional practice,
- Understand and advocate for Information Technology industry local to FedUni,
- Identify opportunities for research and strategic consulting that could be undertaken by the Information Technology staff and post-graduate students,
- Secure industry partnerships that aide in the strategic acquisition of teaching and research infrastructure,
- Secure partnerships with other education providers that aide in the delivery of Information Technology programs, and
- Source industry subject matter specialist to undertake guest lecturing roles as part of an integrated approach to the delivery of Information Technology programs.
- Collaborating with:
- Information Technology IAG’s (or similar) from other Higher Education institutions, and
- Australian Computer Society (ACS) through local and state representatives.
About the industry members
Kelli Moran, Economic Development Officer, City of Ballarat
Kelli has spent her career working within public sector organisations in Australia and the UK in management roles incorporating corporate governance, strategic business management, organisational change management, program and project management, economic development, procurement, contract and performance management, service commissioning and policy development.
Kelli has an MBA qualification from Henley Business School in the UK and a Bachelor of Arts (Hons), as well as more recent qualifications including a Diploma of Local Government Planning (Statutory Planning and Development Assessment), Certification as an ICAgile Professional and registration as a Prince2 Project Management Practitioner.
Matt Tett, Managing Director, Enex TestLab
Matt Tett is the Managing Director of Enex TestLab, an independent ISO17025 accredited testing laboratory with over 28 years history, ISO 9001 certification and a University heritage.
Matt is well known globally across industry and government as a highly technical straight shooter. Effectively translating complex technology to the lay-person. His organisations objective is using science to keep tech vendors honest by rigorously testing their product claims and ensuring consumer requirements are met.
Matt is the chair of IoT Alliance Australia (IoTAA) Work Stream 5 – Cyber Security and Network Resilience. He also serves on the Communications Alliance Cyber Security Reference Panel (CSRP), the Internet Australia Cyber Security SIG, and is a member of the research advisory committee for the Internet Commerce Security Laboratory at Federation University.
Matt has a deep technical background in network and security systems and he holds the following security certifications in good standing for 10+ years: CISSP, CISM, CSEPS and CISA. He holds Government and Police Contractor security clearances.
Scott Hebbard, Communications Manager, Sparx Systems
Scott has over 20 years experience in ICT, including working for Universities, software companies, telecommunications and the State Government. Scott conducts regular webinars on Enterprise Architect, covering everything from project management, prototyping and requirements management through to code engineering and simulation. Visit www.sparxsystems.com/webinars to learn more.
Scott has been married for 15 years and has two daughters. He is passionate about Enterprise Architect, politics, astronomy, movies, science fiction, console gaming and loves spending time with his family.