BOLD PD offerings
CLIPP recognises the need to provide ongoing quality professional development to all staff to ensure quality blended, online and digital (BOLD) learning and teaching practices across eight learning and teaching domains:
- Learning – Understanding your learners and their needs
- Assessment – Creating effective assessment tasks
- Design – Designing an inclusive learning journey
- Development – Building your online learning space
- Facilitation – Engaging face-to-face, blended and online teaching practices
- Feedback – Quality feedback for learning
- Monitoring – Monitoring engagement and learning
- Evaluation – Reviewing for future enhancements
It is recommended that all teaching staff engage with a minimum of one professional development opportunity within each learning and teaching domain per calendar year (pro rata basis), or as negotiated with their line manager given individual, course and program learning needs.
Workshops: School or campus based
Facilitated | Face-to-face, blended and virtual | On request
Professional development can be more beneficial when it is tailored to address your immediate course/program/school/campus learning and teaching needs. CLIPP work with schools and campuses to organise, design and/or deliver workshops on a range of requested BOLD learning and teaching topics. Workshops can be face-to-face, blended or virtual.
Campus specific workshops
The following dates are scheduled for 2020. Specific topics will be at the request of campus staff in the weeks leading into the workshop:
|Friday 14 February 2020||1:00am – 4:30pm||Horsham|
|Thursday 5 March 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Brisbane|
|Thursday 2 July 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Brisbane|
|Tuesday 14 July 2020||1:00pm – 4:30pm||Horsham|
|Thursday 29 October 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Brisbane|
School specific workshops
Please contact your School Learning Designer to arrange the professional development needs for your course/program/school team.
Workshops: Central – Learning technology boot camp
Facilitated | Face-to-face | Early semester
A learning technology core skills ‘boot camp’ is offered early semester, on each campus, to support basic and intermediate learning technology skill building for designing, developing and facilitating BOLD learning and teaching practices. These workshops follow the Academic Induction Program dates to support new teaching staff, but are open to all staff wanting an update or refresher.
- Topics: Focus areas include online assessment and feedback, formative and summative quizzes, use of multimedia and creating video, effective teaching with online groups, and choosing the right tool for the learning job. For full details of each session download the full details of the CLIPP BOLD Boot Camp (pdf, 123kb)
- Registration: Workshops will be advertised throughout the year via FedNews. To register your attendance at a workshop, please access the CLIPP PD Booking Page. Note: A minimum of 5 registered participants is required for a workshop to go ahead.
|Semester 1 - Dates||Time||Campus|
|Tuesday 11 February 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Mt Helen|
|Wednesday 12 February 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Berwick|
|Thursday 13 February 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Gippsland|
|Friday 14 February 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Horsham|
|Wednesday 4 March 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Brisbane|
|Wednesday 25 March 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Gippsland|
|Thursday 26 March 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Berwick|
|Friday 27 March 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Mt Helen|
|Semester 2 - Dates||Time||Campus|
|Wednesday 1 July 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Brisbane|
|Tuesday 14 July 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Horsham|
|Wednesday 15 July 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Gippsland|
|Thursday 16 July 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Berwick|
|Friday 17 July 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Mt Helen|
|Wednesday 19 August 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Mt Helen|
|Thursday 20 August 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Gippsland|
|Friday 21 August 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Berwick|
|Wednesday 28 October 2020||09:00am – 12:30pm||Brisbane|
Facilitated | Virtual | Monthly
These webinars are an online, virtual showcase consisting of information, discussion and peer sharing for improving BOLD teaching practices and use of learning technologies. Standard schedule occurs on the second Thursday and third Tuesday of each month, with additional sessions in February and July to accommodate the beginning of semester learning needs.
All webinar sessions are delivered via Adobe Connect, and are recorded for viewing later. Presenters include CLIPP and School academic teaching staff. Keep your eye out in FedNews for the upcoming webinars.
For more information please contact CLIPP on email@example.com or (03) 5327 6151