Edit your profile
To edit your user profile
You don't need to edit your profile to use Moodle but you may want to edit it to upload a picture of yourself that will appear when you post to forums.
Note: All items with a red * must be completed in order to save your profile.
- Hover over your name in the top right hand corner and select My preferences.
- From Under User account select Edit profile.
- You have the ability to change your first name to your preferred name.
- You cannot change your email address. If you need to forward your student email please do this from within the Student webmail client by auto forwarding your student emails.
- You can change the Email display setting to Hide my email address from everyone if you do not want people to discover your email address in Moodle.
- You may set the City/Town and Country.
- Only change the Timezone if you are studying outside of the default timezone. Making changes will effect the start and end times of scheduled tasks such as Assignments and Quizzes.
- If you wish, you may write something about yourself in the Description box.
- In the User picture area, drag a picture of yourself from your computer to the upload box. The image will then appear against all your forum posts.
- When you have finished editing your profile, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click Update Profile.
Note: If Moodle prevents you from saving, please check the red starred compulsory items.