Working with blocks
The Moodle course page is divided into three columns: the topic/content column in the centre, navigation bar on the left hand side which is collapsable/expandable and additional course blocks on the right.
Blocks appear in the right hand column of your Moodle course page, and give you and your students access to useful Moodle features. You can choose which Blocks you want to appear in your course, and in which order you want them to be. It is a good idea to turn off Blocks you don't want your students accessing, and move the most important ones to a more prominent position.
To remove a block
- Click the cogs icon on the block you want to remove and then click Delete <block name>.
Tip: If you wanted to be able to easily access a particular block but hide it from students, you could just click Hide <block name>.
To add a block
- From the Blocks Add drop-down list select the block you want to add.
- The Block gets added to the bottom of the column. You can then move it to a higher profile position.
For more information on what individual blocks are used for see the moodle.org documentation
Note: To add a Contact block it is a customized HTML block in the list of available blocks.
To move a block
- Click the Turn editing on button.
- Click and hold on the header area of a block and drag it to its new location.