Add learning content via Moodle
The simplest way to contribute content to Equella is through Moodle's drag and drop functionality. By placing content in Equella, you provide the opportunity to quickly share the resource with other Moodle courses, and reduce the server load on Moodle providing for a better student experience.
Please note, the maximum file size Moodle accepts is 100MB.
1. Login to Moodle.
2. Navigate to your course and turn editing on.
3. Locate the resource on your computer, then drag and drop it onto your Moodle screen.
4. Select where the file is to be stored. The default is Contribute to Equella.
NOTE: Both options, contribute to Equella and Add file directly to Moodle,will provide students with access to the resource through a Moodle link. As content in Equella can be shared with other Moodle courses, content of a confidential nature should not be placed in the standard Equella content repository and should be loaded using the Add file directly to Moodle option.
5. Click Upload.
* You will have to wait for the file to load as per normal drag and drop process.
6. By default, Moodle will use the file name of the resource. You may edit the resource name by clicking the pen icon at the end. Please do not remove the file size marker.
- Please name your resources with meaningful names before uploading. This not only allows students to quickly identify content, but makes searching for Equella resources easier.
- Equella is for sharing with all federation teaching staff, so please no confidential information
- If your file is larger than 100mb, you may still be able to contribute this to Equella directly. Please contact CLIPP for assistance with this.
- To refer to guidelines on creating videos and screen casting please click on the link below:
- Tutorial on "How to upload video files to Equella" page in website when created
- Video Editing Help