Many of the WIL placements offered at FedUni through external providers such as health organisations and education providers require students to complete a Working With Children Check (WWCC). The WWCC is a legal requirement for anyone undertaking paid or voluntary child-related work in all Australian states and territories.
Students must list FedUni as the organisation through which the child-related work is being undertaken. Students who have already obtained and hold a current WWCC must add FedUni as a volunteer organisation.
Please read the below instructions before completing the Working with Children’s Check Form Online.
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Start Application”
- You will require a Volunteer Check
- Personal Details (take care and make sure your personal details are correct)
- Organisation Details:
Federation University Australia
School of Nursing, Midwifery and Healthcare
PO Box 663, Ballarat, VIC 3353
03 5327 9662
- Occupational Work Codes:
Nursing and health professions: Use 58 paediatric wards of public and private hospitals
Educational institutions: Use 44/46 or 52
- Review details, consent and declaration – click “sign and submit” button
- Confirmation. Print the application summary
- Lodge your application at an Australia Post retail outlet with 100 points of ID and a passport photo
- Volunteer applications are free
Retain your verified application receipt (back page of application). The receipt allows you to do child-related work, while your application is being processed and is valid for up to 60 days from the date of issue.
Please note: WWC Check applications may take up to 8 weeks to process.
All students who are required to undertake a WWCC must upload a copy of their current check to their student profile page on InPlace