Position: Team Leader, Learning Design / Learning Designer - Education
- Tuesday: Room 232, Building T, Mt Helen Campus
- Level 2 (Top Floor), Building U (Albert Coates Complex), Mt Helen Campus
Phone: (03) 5327 9846
Qualifications: Human Resources, Information Technology and Tertiary Teaching from the University of Ballarat; Digital Technologies in Education from Monash University; Certificate IV’s in Training and Assessment and Project Management Practice from Central TAFE WA.Currently studying a Master of Education through Curtin University.
Von (Yvonne) Button is Team Leader of the Learning Design team, responsible for the provision of curriculum and learning design support to build staff knowledge and capability in applying Blended On-Line and Digital (BOLD) principles; transforming their programs and courses for blended or online delivery and incorporating learning technologies into their practice. She is also the lead learning designer for the School of Education.
Von has worked in the tertiary sector for nearly 20 years, in central and departmental eLearning roles, and has a background in designing student-centred learning experiences, developing multimedia learning resources, and facilitating staff development in the use of learning technologies, as well as leading learning technology support teams and managing eLearning environments. Prior to joining Federation University, Von spent approximately 15 years in Western Australia where she worked at Murdoch and Curtin Universities and The University of Western Australia (UWA), implementing and supporting staff in the use of multiple learning technologies including:
- Learning Management Systems (LMS e.g. Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas);
- Lecture Capture Systems (LCS e.g. Lectopia, Echo360);
- Text Matching Systems (e.g. Turnitin, SafeAssign, Urkund);
- Virtual Learning Systems (VLS e.g. Blackboard Collaborate, Adobe Connect);
- ePortfolio Systems (e.g. PebblePad, Mahara); and
- Self and Peer Assessment Systems (e.g. SparkPlus).