Position: Manager, Academic Futures / Lecturer, Learning and Teaching
Location: U204, Level 2 (Top Floor), Albert Coates Complex, Mt Helen
Phone: (03) 5327 9654
- Master of Education (Monash University) 2000
- Certificate II in Information Technology (University of Ballarat) 2000
- Graduate Diploma of Health (Community Health) (Monash University) 1996
- Bachelor of Nursing (Deakin University) 1990
Tulsa has an extensive teaching career working within the learning and teaching domain for over 20 years. Her teaching experience spans from patient education in a hospital setting (as paediatric nurse for 8 years), health education of primary and secondary students, parent education programs, staff professional development (as Manager of the School Nursing Program with the Victorian Department of Education – 12 years), and tertiary undergraduate and postgraduate courses in learning and teaching (6+ years).
Tulsa currently works in the Centre for Learning, Innovation and Professional Practice (CLIPP), with the role of Program Coordination of the Graduate Certificate of Education (Tertiary Teaching), teaching in award courses and non-award courses and facilitates a string of blended professional development workshops. As current manager of a small team of lecturing staff in CLIPP, she oversees the planning, creation, facilitation and evaluation of a range of professional development resources and courses to support the professional integrity of learning and teaching practices of academic staff. This also includes the objective of increasing engagement of academic staff with the scholarship of learning and teaching across the University.
Andrews, T. & Cole, C. (2015) Two steps forward, one step back: The intricacies in engaging with ePortfolios in nursing undergraduate education. Nurse Education Today, Vol.35(4),pp.568-572
- VC Award for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (Early Career) – 2016 – For strengthening the pedagogical integrity of learning and teaching practices of academic staff through the provision of innovative and flexible professional development opportunities and resources.
- VC Award for Excellence (Innovation) – 2014 – Awarded with colleague Chris Brown, for demonstrating excellence in adopting, and inviting other staff to adopt, eLearning strategies in their teaching, and establishing productive relationships by working closely with academics to advance and implement new learning and teaching strategies for transitioning towards a blended model of delivery.