Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT)
The Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) are an important part of the University's mission to promote and advance learning and teaching through recognition and reward of individuals and teams who go above and beyond standard practice. The AAUT Awards can form an integral part of the academic reward and recognition pathway.
Creating a culture of excellence starts with the support of a School/Department Leadership Team, and the commitment of staff within, to recognise and reward outstanding and exceptional practice.
Please view each of the following tabs that outline the award categories, scheduled timelines, process phases, estimated time commitment for applicants and Expression of Interest form. A summary of this information can be downloaded in the following documents:
- AAUT Awards General Information 2020 (pdf, 654kb)
- AAUT Awards Summary 2019 (pdf, 519kb)
- Australian Awards for University Teaching 2020 Website
Applications for the Australian Awards for University Teaching are considered by panel assembled by Universities Australia from October – December 2020. The panel will assess applications based on the degree to which the applicant has convincingly argued they have:
- Impacted on student learning, student engagement or the overall student experience for a period of no less than the minimum years stated in the award type (not including time taken for development or trial of any activity).
- Gained recognition from colleagues, the institution, and/or the broader community.
- Shown creativity, imagination or innovation, irrespective of whether the approach involves traditional learning environments or technology-based developments.
- Drawn on the scholarly literature on teaching and learning to inform the development of initiatives, programs and/or practice.
- Strong support from a wide range of evidence in the form of qualitative and quantitative data. This may include: Formal and informal evaluation, student data, institutional student surveys, references and selected teaching materials
Contact Tulsa Andrews on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: +61 3 5327 9654.
No results were found
Please feel free to download the PDF documents below, outlining past recipients for these awards.
- 2017 Recipients (PDF, 84kb)
- 2016 Recipients (PDF, 162kb)
- 2015 Recipients (PDF, 49kb)
- 2014 Recipients (PDF, 93kb)
- 2013 Recipients (PDF, 750kb)
- 2012 Recipients (PDF, 700kb)
- 2011 Recipients (PDF, 693kb)
- 2010 Recipients (PDF, 610kb)
- 2009 Recipients (PDF, 689kb)
- 2008 Recipients (PDF, 630kb)
- 2007 Recipients (PDF, 657kb)