Project management framework
The Project Management Framework is based on the universal principles of the PMBOK® guide and PRINCE-II® methodology, in conjunction with the University's policy, procedures and guidelines. This framework for Project Management is based on the generic process flows of Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling & Monitoring and Closing (IPECC).
Project Management Framework Policy
The Project Management Framework Policy describes the University's policy regarding the essential elements in the management of all projects.
The objectives of this policy are to ensure that:
- Projects are effectively managed within the limitations of Scope, Quality, Resources (Time and Budget) and Risk;
- Appropriate governance and control is established;
- Communication, quality and risk management plans are developed and executed throughout a project's life;
- Appropriate authorisation and acceptance is established throughout the life of a project;
- Stakeholder communication is inclusive; and,
- Post implementation reviews are conducted and actively used to improve the conduct of project delivery.
In order to achieve these objectives the elements of this Project Management Policy must be included in the initiation, planning, and execution of all major projects.
Project Management Framework Procedure
The Project Management Framework Procedure defines the processes that are performed throughout the life of a Project to ensure the Project Management Framework Policy is adhered to.
Project Management Framework Form
The Project Management Framework Forms assist Project Managers to ensure project documentation is completed to comply with the Project Management Framework Policy and Procedure.