The Appeals Committee meets as required to hear and determine appeals relating to students who have had an adverse decision made against them which could affect his/her academic record or enrolment status.
Eligibility and timelines for students to appeal
- You must have received notification from your Executive Dean of Faculty via your FedUni student email account or a letter sent via Australia Post, that your appeal to the Executive Dean of Faculty has been dismissed before lodging an appeal to the University Appeals Committee.
- A right of appeal to the University Appeals Committee against the adverse decision must exist in University Legislation.
- You must be currently enrolled or have been granted an approved leave of absence to be eligible to lodge an appeal.
- Your appeal submission cannot be accepted without a completed Form for Appeals to the University
Appeals Committee with the relevant ground/s of appeal selected.
- The completed form (with supporting documentation) must be submitted to ensure delivery within 10 working days following notification of the dismissal of your appeal from your Dean of School.
- The Chair of the Appeals Committee may in exceptional circumstances extend the period for the lodgement of an appeal.
For advice on the appeals process or how to complete the Form for Appeals to the University Appeals Committee contact:
Executive Officer, Appeals Committee
For information regarding the Appeals Committee and the appeals process, please refer to the FedUni Legislation - Regulation 2.2 (pdf, 15kb).