Update from Marketing and Schools Engagement
Marketing and Schools Engagement would like to pass on our thanks to all staff and student ambassadors involved in this year’s Open Day event. Without your support, it wouldn’t be possible. Much of the feedback we have received from visitors has reflected the positive interactions with members of the university community. It’s a credit to everyone who took part in the day.
This is also an important period of the year for applications, with VTAC timely applications closing on Thursday 28 September. We want to thank all staff for your ongoing work in promoting FedUni as a great study option, particularly to your networks within secondary schools, and to Year 12 and prospective mature-age students. Staff are encouraged to direct prospective students to our main contact line 1800 333 864 and our online Course Finder.
Below is an update on some of the projects and events Marketing and Schools Engagement have been involved with in recent months, including links to television commercials for our major campaigns.
Digital marketing and publications
- Roll-out of Google Cardboard goggles to support the delivery of our virtual campus tours: You can view a playlist of our current tours online. This is the first stage, with other campuses and locations to be added in the future.
- Career eNews and pre / post Open Day communications: electronic direct mail to careers practitioners across the state, as well as prospective students who have registered at major events during the year. These communications promote FedUni programs, news and events.
- Initial Teacher Education brochure: collaboration with Education and Health to finalise the development of a new publication, which details new entry requirements and pathways for 2018. This was distributed on Open Day and a copy can also be viewed online (pdf).
- Initial Teacher Education website: supporting the development of a new microsite, which will include an interactive pathways tool, student testimonials and an animated information video. The site is available to view at federation.edu.au/become-a-teacher, with further updates to come.
Events and engagement
- Open Day: Held simultaneously across Mt Helen, Camp Street, Berwick and Gippsland campuses on Sunday 27 August. It’s estimated over 9,000 visitors attended across all locations. The day also marked the first Open Day at our new Berwick Campus. Some great video snapshots of the event are available.
- Secondary School Expo Season: June to August is generally considered the busiest period of the year for secondary school expos, presentations, information evenings and other major events, particularly those aimed at Year 12 students. During this time Marketing and Schools Engagement have attended a large number of events across all of our key regions, as well as a number of metro-based events.
- Attendance at Careers Advisory meetings across the state: FedUni Marketing and Schools Engagement representatives attend these meetings and speak with Careers Practitioners and teachers from secondary schools, providing information on our programs and answering questions.
- VCE Study Skills Days: successfully ran the July Study Skills sessions at Mt Helen, Gippsland and Berwick. Final planning is now underway for the September sessions, which also coincide with the September holiday campus tours. Further details are available online.
- ConnectEd Breakfast: Pilot event held in Ballarat - a networking forum featuring contemporary areas of research from the School of Education presented and discussed with senior leadership from local secondary schools. The response to the event was very positive, with future events to be held at our Berwick and Gippsland campuses.
For prospective students who missed out on attending Open Day, Marketing and Communications are coordinating tours at all of our major campuses in late September.
- Mid-year (completed): TV commercial
- Open Day (completed): TV commercial
- Update and roll-out of 2017 sports campaign: TV commercial
- Note: the above campaigns are also supported by a variety of press, radio, social and digital platforms.
- Development of end of year Change of Preference / Direct Apps campaigns are now well underway. Our Change of Preference campaign also ties in directly with our annual Info Day event, which will take place on Monday 18 December (further details to come).