Dr Charmaine Fleming
Phone: (03) 53276689
Room: Mt Helen P916
Position: Lecturer, International Sport Management
Discipline: International Sport Management
- FHEA – Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2019
- PhD – The Discursive Construction of Gendered Leadership within the Amalgamated State Football Federations in Australia 2008—2014 Awarded 2014 Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management, Griffith University
- Bachelor of Leisure Management with First Class Honours in December 2006 Griffith University
- Bachelor of Leisure Management in September 2006 Griffith University
- Associate Diploma in Sport Science in December 1988 Northern Rivers College of Advanced Education (Southern Cross University, Lismore)
Sport Management, Facility and Event Management, Sport Business Management and Sports Marketing.
SMAANZ (Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand).
Advance HE (Advance Higher Education Academy)
- Women in Sport Leadership
- Online teaching practices
- Embedding Engaging Pedagogies in Sport Management Education
Grants and Awards
- 2006 University Medal for Outstanding Academic Excellence
- 2006 Leisure Management Medal as the highest achieving graduate in the Bachelor’s Degree.
2019: Teaching Excellence Recognition Scheme (TERS) award
Fleming, C. 2019 Academic Champion Grant: Echo360 Active Learning Platform (2019)
Fleming, C. & Fullagar, S. (2007) Reflexive Methodologies: An autoethnography of the gendered performance of sport/management Annuals of Leisure Research Vol10 No 3 & 4
Papers in Development
Going for Gold: A case study of potential significance of the Commonwealth Games Internship to student’s professional skills and knowledge development.
Women’s historical sport leadership journey.