|Position:||Research Fellow – Robert HT Smith Fellowship - Collaborative Research Network for Self-sustaining Regions (CRN)|
|Phone:||03 5327 6670|
- Master's Degree in Genetics and Molecular Biology – Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences – Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Molecular biology
- High Blood Pressure Research Society of Australia
- International Society of Hypertension (member no 16587)
- International Society of Hypertension New Investigators Network
- International Society for Heart Research
Priscilla's PhD research was undertaken at La Trobe University in collaboration with Victoria Police Forensic Services Department. Currently, she is a researcher in our team as Robert HT Smith Fellow. Priscilla is currently involved in mining Whole Genome DNA Sequencing data from the animal models studied in our laboratory and linking mutations to possible phenotypic changes.
She is also interested in investigating the role of Y-chromosome in cardiovascular diseases.
- Marques F. Z, Prestes P. R, Pinheiro L. B, Scurrah K, Emslie K. R, Harrap S. B, Charchar F. J (2014). Droplet digital PCR Measurement of copy number variation in essential hypertension. (Submitted)
- Prestes P. R, Mitchell R. J, Santos C, Van Oorschot RAH (2013). The SNPforID 34-plex – its ability to infer level of admixture in individuals, Forensic Sci Int-Gen,4:e13-e14.
- Prestes P. R, Mitchell R. J, Daniel R, Ballantyne K. N, Van Oorschot R. A. H. (2011). Evaluation of the IrisPlex system in admixed individuals. Forensic Sci Int-Gen, 3:283-84.
- Kieling C, Prestes P. R, Saraiva-Pereira M. L, Jardim L. B (2007). Survival estimates for patients with Machado-Joseph disease (SCA3). Clin Genet, 72:543-5.
- Prestes P. R, Saraiva-Pereira M. L, Silveira I, Sequeiros J, Jardim L. B (2007). Machado-Joseph disease enhances genetic fitness: a comparison between affected and unaffected women and between MJD and the general population. Ann Hum Gen, 72:57-64.
- Cardoso V. V, Prestes P. R, Moreira J. C, Oliveira A. K (2006). Changes in ornithine decarboxylase activity in response to temperature stress and stimulation of juvenile hormone in Anastrepha fraterculus (Diptera, Tephritidae). Arch Insect Biochem, 62:176-85.
- Cardoso V. V, Prestes P. R, Casali E. A, Moreira J. C, Oliveira A. K (2004). Ornithine decarboxylase activity during the development of Anastrepha fraterculus (Diptera, Tephritidae). Arch Insect Biochem, 57:151-9.