Prof Kai Ming Ting
|Name||Prof Kai Ming Ting|
- Isolation kernel
- Mass-based similarity
- Mass estimation and mass-based approaches
- Ensemble approaches
- Data stream data mining
- Machine learning
After receiving his PhD from the University of Sydney (Australia), Kai Ming Ting worked at the University of Waikato, Deakin University and Monash University. He joined Federation University in 2014. He had previously held visiting positions at Osaka University (Japan), Nanjing University (China) and Chinese University of Hong Kong.
He co-chaired the Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining 2008. He has served as a senior member of program committee for AAAI Conference for AI; a member of program committees for a number of international conferences including ACM SIGKDD, IEEE ICDM, ICML and ECML. Research grants received include those from US Air Force of Scientific Research (AFOSR/AOARD), Australian Research Council, Toyota InfoTechnology Center and Australian Institute of Sport. Awards received include the Runner-up Best Paper Award in 2008 IEEE ICDM, and the Best Paper Award in 2006 PAKDD. He was an associate editor for Journal of Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery 2011-2015.
- Graduate Certificate of Higher Education - Monash University 2004
- Ph.D, Basser Department of Computer Science - University of Sydney 1996
- Master of Computer Science - University of Malaya 1992
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering- University of Technology Malaysia 1986