Dr Javad Yaghoubi
|Name||Dr Javad Yaghoubi|
|Position title||Research Fellow|
- Geotechnical engineering
- Road and pavement design
- Transportation geotechnics
- Sustainability and recycled materials
- Ground improvement technics
- Unsaturated soil mechanics
- Numerical modelling
- Geo-environmental engineering
- Mine rehabilitation
Dr Javad Yaghoubi is a research fellow with the Geotechnical and Hydrogeological Engineering Research Group (GHERG) and a sessional lecturer with the School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology at Federation University.
Javad holds a PhD degree in Geotechnical Engineering from Swinburne University of Technology and an MEngSc degree in Geotechnical Engineering from Edith Cowan University.
Javad has more than 10 years of extensive teaching, research and industry experience in the area of geotechnical and pavement engineering. His main focus of research has been on recycling industrial by-products for the construction of sustainable infrastructures. He has achieved a number of awards throughout his career including two full postgraduate scholarships, for the duration of his Master’s and PhD studies, and a Best Paper award in GEOMATE-2018 conference and the ISSMGE Foundation award (2020). His PhD scholarship was for a prestigious Australian Research Council (ARC) project.
- PhD - Geotechnical Engineering (Swinburne University of Technology, 2019)
- MEngSc - Geotechnical Engineering (Edith Cowan University, 2015)
- BSc - Civil Engineering (Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, 2011)
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Geotechnical Design
- Road and Pavement Design