Dr Gopinath Chattopadhyay
|Name||Dr Gopinath Chattopadhyay|
|Position Title||Senior Lecturer, Post Graduate Program Coordinator for Maintenance and Reliability Engineering|
Gopi has extensive experience in the Universities and Industries in asset management, maintenance and reliability engineering, operations management, project management and quality engineering. Before joining Federation University in 2016, he has worked in University of Queensland, Qld University of Technology and Central Qld University in Australia, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India, University of Natural Resources and Environment, PNG and Global Consulting Company, Cardno. He has delivered his courses in Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, China, Malaysia and India.
Gopi has secured more than 2 million dollars of research and industry funding in asset management, maintenance, reliability, warranty, life cycle cost and risk modelling. In Australia, Rail CRC and Asset Management CRC along with Qld Rail, QR National, ARTC, QLD Health, Mackay Regional Council, Sun Water, Unity Water, Macquarie Generation, Gladstone Power, in Sweden, Lulea University of Technology along with Swedish Rail and LKAB and in India, Tata Steel and Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur funded some of his own and collaborative projects. He has supervised more than 12 higher research degree candidates and published more than 150 high quality scholarly articles in reputed International journals and conferences including one prizewinning best paper in emerald publication.
Gopi is actively involved with Asset Management Council (earlier Maintenance Engineering Society of Australia, MESA, professional body and technical society of Engineers Australia). He was industry reviewer of International Standard for Asset Management ISO55000, ISO55001, ISO55002 and Total Asset Management Plan for Queensland Government. He was Vice president of Maintenance Engineering Society (Qld Chapter), President of Australian Society of Operations Research (Qld Chapter) and Chair of Asset Management Council, Brisbane Chapter.
- PhD (operations management), Mechanical Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Master of Business Administration, The University of Calcutta, India, First class Second and Silver Medallist in the University.
- Master of Engineering in Production and Industrial Eng. The University of Calcutta, India, First class First and Gold Medallist in the University.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, The University of Calcutta, India, First class First and Gold Medallist in the University.
- Graduate Certificate in Education, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Certificate in Asset Management, Institute of Asset Management, UK
- Terotechnology and life cycle costs
- Maintenance and reliability engineering projects
- Maintenance management
- Asset management systems
- Project management
- Total quality management