Dr Sam Hashemi - Research
- Momeni, A., Hashemi, S. S. , Khanlari, M. (2017) “The effect of cyclic salt weathering test on degradation potential in granitoid rocks”. Geopersia Journal, (to be appeared)
- Momeni, A., Hashemi, S. S. , Khanlari, G. R., & Heidari, M. (2017) “The effect of weathering on durability and deformability properties of granitoid rocks”. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 1-13.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Melkoumian N. (2016) “A strain energy criterion based on grain dislodgment at borehole wall in poorly cemented sands” International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 87, 90–103. (Tier A*)
- Hashemi, S. S. , Melkoumian, N. (2016). “Effect of different stress path regimes on borehole instability in poorly cemented granular formations.” Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 146, 30-49. (Tier A)
- Hashemi, S. S. , Taheri A., Melkoumian N., Jaksa M. (2015)."The failure behaviour of poorly cemented sands at a borehole wall using laboratory tests." International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences 77: 348-357. (Tier A*)
- Hashemi, S. S. , A. Taheri, and N. Melkoumian. (2015). "An experimental study on the relationship between localised zones and borehole instability in poorly cemented sands." Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering 135: 101-117. (Tier A)
- Hashemi, S. S. , Taheri A., Melkoumian N. (2014) “Shear failure analysis of a borehole drilled through poorly cemented sandstone with respect to Mogi failure criterion” Engineering Geology, 183: 39-52. (Tier A*)
- Hashemi, S. S. , N. Melkoumian, and A. Taheri. (2015). "A borehole stability study by newly designed laboratory tests on thick-walled hollow cylinders." Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. (Tier A)
- Hashemi, S. S. , Momeni A., Melkoumian N. (2013) “Investigation of borehole stability in poorly cemented granular formations by discrete element method”. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. 113: 23-35. (Tier A)
Conference Proceedings (refereed)
- Hashemi, S. S. “A Failure Criterion for Unsupported Boreholes in Poorly Cemented sands” 18th International Conference on Civil and Building Engineering, November 16-17, 2016, Dubai, UAE.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Momeni A., Melkoumian N. “Numerical simulation of borehole breakout in poorly cemented granular sands” The 47th U.S. Rock Mechanics/Geomechanics Symposium, 23-26 June 2013, San Francisco, California, USA.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Melkoumian N., Xu C. “Effect of grain bonding on the stability of a borehole drilled through unconsolidated formations”, The 7th Australasian Congress on Applied Mechanics, 9 - 12 December 2012, Adelaide, Australia.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Melkoumian N., Xu C. “Maintaining borehole stable in unconsolidated rocks”, 1st annual CRC DET conference, November 20-24 2011, Hahndorf, Adelaide, Australia.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Ahmadi M.A. “Effect of pile driving in clay soil on adjacent structure”, 5th National Congress on Civil Engineering, May 5-7 2010, Ferdowsi University, Mashhad, Iran.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Faridnia S. “A new approach for designing and performing the annular foundation of tanks”, 4th International Conference on Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics, November 9-10, 2010, Tehran, Iran.
- Hashemi, S. S. , Faridnia S. “A cost effective method to design the Anchor blocks”, 4th International Conference on Geotechnical Engineering and Soil Mechanics, November 9-10,2010, Tehran, Iran.
Professional memberships and associations
Professional Engineer (PE) by Engineers Australia)
Potential honours and PhD projects
- Best Paper Award at “18th International Conference on Civil and Building Engineering”, Nov 2016, Dubai
- RAC Travel Grant, CQ University, $4.5K, Australia, 2016
- Joint Research Engagement Engineering Cadetship Grant, $20K, the University of Adelaide, Australia, 2013.
- Deep Exploration Technologies CRC Research Grant, $97.5K, Australia, 2011-2014.
- Professional Civil Engineer, Certified by Engineers Australia, Australia 2009.
- Full PhD Scholarships, Australian Postgraduate Award, The University of Melbourne, Australia, 2012
- Awarded the title "Brilliant and Gifted Student" by the Iran Graduation and Admission Office for my ranking in Iran National Entrance Exam, Iran, 2007.
- Permanent member of the Organization for Engineering Order of Building, Tehran, Iran, since 2008.
- Permanent member of the Concrete Group of the Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, since 2005.